Department of Commerce
The Department of Commerce started functioning in 1974 with one UG Programme in B.Com. Since its inception, the department is marching forward with more and more strength and enthusiasm with the support of committed teachers and students. Now, the Department can proudly claim a intake of 120 students in the first year with three well qualified and experienced faculty members providing one UG programmes. We are upholding the rich tradition of Assumption College with flying colours in Curricular and Co-curricular activities. The curriculum is designed to meet the industry requirements of 21st Century. Department of Commerce thus embraces all those functions involved in the making, buying, selling and transport of goods. As a subject of organized study, commerce has recently come to the fore. Today, the subject is of prime importance as the nations that are foremost in the world have what may be called commercial rather than industrial, economies, with commercial activities and occupations attracting the largest part of both capital and labor resources.
News & Announcements.
1) Certificate course on Microsoft
2) Certificate course on marketing
1) Business quiz
2) Group Discussions
3) Study through Power point presentations and animated videos.
4) Guest lectures, industrial visits and Debates
6) Competition to improve communications skills
7) Event organisations.
8) Mentoring for slow learners.
9) Educational tours, Field Visits.
Glimpses of Commerce Department
1) Participated in University Avishkar competition.
2) Several students serving the society in the different field of commerce such as banking, Accountancy, Managerial Practices, Law and Taxation etc.