Department of English
English was taught as compulsory subject since establishment of the college in 1974. The department has been catering needs of tribal and hilly area students. At present, the department runs the academic programmes at B.A.-I, II, III year, B.Com.-I, II, III year and B.Sc.-I year in Compulsory English.
The main focus of the department is to inculcate values through teaching of language and literature.
1) To develop the basic skills of language among the students.
2) To Make the students globally competent by developing their linguistic competence.
3) To make students efficient communicators and good human beings.
4) To train and prepare the students to seek and find employment in various field.
5) To Impart knowledge, ideas and concepts in the technicalities of proper pronunciation, construction, appropriate use and style of the English language as well as the application in the areas of English communication skills.
Glimpses of English Department
News & Announcements.
1) Announcements, events and notice will displayed here
The Department of English organises various competitions in the month of November. The students participate in all competitions such as enacting a scene, grammar quiz, guessing a good word, vocabulary quiz, Poetry recitation, poster making and essay writing.
The department of English